Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Before & After Thrift Store Headboard redo with The Primitive Life Organic Milk Paint!

I was lucky enough to find this King Sized headboard at the thrift store for $30! I used The Primitive Life Organic Milk Paint in "Skillet" and transformed it into this picture perfect headboard for our new bedroom!








It was very simple! First I cleaned the headboard with warm soap and water and a sponge, just to get any germs off, I sprayed with Lysol...then lightly sanded it with medium sandpaper,wiped it down and painted. It took about 15 minutes to paint. After I let it dry for a couple of hours, I sanded it lightly in areas where I wanted it to look "distressed". That's it! Total time about 3 hours. If I can do it, anyone can!

2 comments:

  1. Does seem incredibly easy. I have not used Milk Paint of any kind yet and am itching too!!! I am guessing you do not use a bonding agent to get this finish? I am interested in learning,more about your line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have just bought a bed to refinish with milk paint, but I don't want a distressed look. What can I use as a bonding agent? I am not 100% needing an organic solution. My bed is pine, but has old varnish (I think) on it that I am steelwooling off. I'd really love some help with this question. I have a feeling there must be something I can get a the paint store, but maybe not?

    ReplyDelete